IKO is a family business founded in 1989 in Luxembourg. For more than thirty years, IKO is a key actor in sustainability. Its purpose? Placing people at the heart of all real estate projects, imagining innovative and sustainable solutions, building the living spaces of tomorrow.
Its mission is based on 4 pillars that drive our teams on a daily basis:
- People as a unit of measuring our projects
- Eco-responsible urban planning and architecture
- Technologies serving quality of life
- Together, we make a difference
As corporate citizenship engagement is already present in IKO’s projects, the CSR approach had to be formalized, structured and communicated in order to accelerate progress and support the sustainable growth of the company.
In order to meet the growing normative and regulatory requirements in terms of sustainable development, several steps had to be taken:
- Materiality analysis and analysis of economic, environmental and social impacts
- Identification, prioritization and engagement of stakeholders
- Identification of the priority SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) within the value chain
- Structuration of personalized tools and support for the collection of quantitative and qualitative data for the 2019/2020 Sustainable Development report
- Support for the structuration and writing of the 2019/2020 Sustainable Development report
- GRI certification (Global Reporting Initiative) – core option – of the 2019/2020 Sustainable Development report
- Support for the ESR (Socially Responsible Company) certification of the INDR (National Institute for Sustainable Development and CSR) in Luxembourg
Read the 2019/2020 Sustainable Development Report here!